Brentwood Borough, established in 1915, spans one of the highest ridges in Allegheny County, Pennsylvania, just six miles southeast of Pittsburgh. In the 19th century, three small villages, four inns, and several blacksmith shops clustered along the rural ridge. A popular and primitive roadway, now known as Brownsville Road, connected these three hamlets with the wider world. This major artery carried coaches, wagons, livestock, and even escaping slaves to Pittsburgh. At least one of the four inns was a stop on the Underground Railroad. Many years later, the community established a 28-acre park, complete with shelter house and swimming pool, as well as the later additions of ball fields, tennis courts, and a football stadium. In keeping with its original focus on education, the community has maintained its own school district. Brownsville Road, as a main street, has supported several viable shopping districts. Brentwood is renowned for its annual Fourth of July parade, attracting tens of thousands of spectators each year. Today, Brentwood encompasses 1.45 square miles. The strength of this small community lies with its residents, who value service and commitment. For 100 years, Brentwood has maintained its own distinct character and charm, combining the elements of a modern community with the friendliness of a small town.
Latest searches : Brentwood Brentwood Historical Society (.epub) , Brentwood Brentwood Historical Society AUDIOBOOK , Read Brentwood Historical Society's book , United States custom (.pdf)